Fort Lauderdale Traffic Violation Attorney
TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS / TRAFFIC TICKETS
The Law Office of Steven J. Hammer, P.A. handle all traffic violations in Dade, Broward & Palm Beach Counties. A traffic violation may be considered a civil infraction or a criminal offense. A civil infraction is a traffic violation which may result in a fine and the possibility of points on your driver’s license which may lead to a suspension of your privilege to drive. A criminal traffic offense is a more serious traffic violation which could subject you to criminal penalties such as jail or prison time, probation, and fines. Those who commit traffic violations receive a citation, which is an order to appear in court at a later date. A citation or traffic ticket may be issued for the following traffic violations:
For any traffic violation conviction, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) can add points to your driving record, which could result in a negative impact on your insurance rates, and more importantly, could result in a suspension of your driving privileges. An accumulation of those points may result in a suspended license for a specific amount of time or a permanently revoked license. If one is caught driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, the punishment may result in additional criminal and DMV penalties.
- Improper Traffic Maneuvers
- Careless & Reckless Driving
- Driving at Excessive or Unsafe Speeds
- Driving Too Slow
- Unsafe Passing
- Speeding to Avoid Arrest
- Speeding in School/Construction Zones
- Passing a Stopped School Bus
- Failure to Yield Right of Way
- Failure to Yield to a Pedestrian
- Failure to Yield to an Emergency Vehicle/Siren
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals
- Failure to Obey an Officer
- Failure to have Liability Insurance
- Driving with Expired Registration
- Driving with Suspended or Revoked License or Registration
- Driving a Motorcycle on a Restricted Highway
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Driving While Impaired (DWI)
- Hit and Run
- Felony Death by Vehicle
- Manslaughter or Negligent Homicide by Vehicle
Call The Law Office of Steven J. Hammer, P.A. immediately upon receiving your ticket and follow these three easy steps in order to have us handle your ticket today:
- STEP 1: Call 954-766-8856 to arrange delivery of your ticket to our law office. You may hand deliver or fax your ticket to our office. Our fee for most Civil Traffic Infractions is $125.00, however, Criminal Traffic Violations may be higher.
- STEP 2: Relax! In most cases you do not have to attend court. One of our attorneys will attend court on your behalf.
- STEP 3: Upon completion of your case, our office will send you a letter detailing the outcome of your ticket at court.
Contact Fort Lauderdale Criminal Defense Attorney Steven J. Hammer
440 South Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301